ACUPUNCTURE – Of all the therapeutic tools offered by the Pain Clinic, Acupuncture has been proven to be most effective and versatile. Acupuncture has been repeatedly demonstrated to outperform other treatments, not only effectively treating pain but also speeding healing.
6 ways acupuncture helps you
- PAIN RELIEF: Acupuncture is well known for its powerful ability to reduce and often eliminate pain. This is a huge attraction for athletes who are plagued by strain and injury. Using acupuncture to relieve pain, the athletes never have to worry about experiencing side effects from pharmaceutical drugs or failing a drug test. How does acupuncture alleviate pain?
There are several studies which have shown that when needles are inserted, they stimulate points that boost our natural painkillers. In one study, researchers at the University of Michigan (published by University of Michigan Health System in Journal of NeuroImage, Vol. 5, No. 83, 2009) found acupuncture affected the brain’s long-term ability to regulate pain.
- MUSCLE RELAXATION: Athletes train for thousands of hours, punishing their bodies. Acupuncture reduces soreness from workouts and increases blood flow throughout the body. This helps athletes get ready for another day by relaxing their tight muscles and reducing inflammation.
- FAST HEALING: When an athlete has to skip training or miss a competition, precious time is lost. Acupuncture helps injuries to heal faster so athletes do not miss valuable training time.
- ENERGY ENHANCEMENT AND BETTER SLEEP: Acupuncture boosts athletes’ energy when they are awake and helps them to sleep at night. The body repairs itself at night so sleeping well is vital to a good performance.
- IMPROVED BLOOD FLOW: Acupuncture improves tissue bloodflow, oxygenation, and removal of metabolic wastes and toxins. A study from UCLA Medical Center concludes that one reason acupuncture is effective is because the needles increase the release of nitric oxide throughout the body. Nitric Oxide causes the blood vessels to relax and to widen, thereby opening up the arteries. This allows better blood flow to the heart and your other important organs.
- MEDICATION: Unlike prescription and over the counter pain medications, acupuncture lacks potential adverse side effects for your internal organs. Your medications or supplements will not adversely interact with acupuncture treatment; therefore it can safely be used to treat a variety of illnesses.
- MOOD: Effectively reduces anxiety and depression via optimizing serotonin and other neurotransmitter levels.
- IMMUNE SUPPORT: Your bodies response to the ultra-thin needles as foreign objects entering it generates significant immune support.